Bed & Breakfast
Barnabas House is a refurbished Edwardian villa offering relaxed luxury accommodation with 6 spacious individually-styled bedrooms with luxurious bedding, bathrobes, St Kitts Herbery luxury toiletries, Smart TV's and Wi-Fi, an elegant guest lounge with log burner, sunny patio, honesty bar and Nespresso machine, fabulous locally-sourced and homemade food, friendly hosts, and the bonus of free onsite parking in their own car park, secure cycle storage, drying area for wet/muddy boots/clothes, and free superfast wi-fi in all rooms and public areas. VisitEngland have graded them 5 Stars plus they have awarded them their Breakfast Award and the ROSE (Recognition of Service Excellence) lifetime award.
Steve and Angela welcome you to Barnabas House, their 5-star award-winning B&B tucked away in a peaceful Dartmoor location yet only a few minutes' level walk from local amenities (including pub, cafes, delicatessen, post office, butcher, mini market) and Sustrans Cycling Route 27, Drake's Trail, the Dartmoor Way and the West Devon Way. Barnabas House B&B offers excellent value for money, combining comfort and cleanliness with excellent facilities including:
- Crisp white bed linen
- Large fluffy bath sheets
- St Kitts luxury toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body lotion, hand wash and bath foam)
- LED demister bathroom mirror with built-in brightness adjuster and integral shaver socket
- Smart TV with DVD/Freeview Play and Netflix access
- Well stocked tea tray including Plymouth tea, coffee, hot chocolate, herbal/fruit teas, biscuits
- Silent-running fridge stocked with water and fresh semi-skimmed milk
- Free on-site parking
- Free hi-speed WiFi
- welcome pack of local information to help you make the most of your stay.
- Nespresso coffee machine available in guest lounge
- Free off-road parking on our own on-site car park
- Secure locked cycle storage
- Daily room clean
All our rooms are individually furnished and have something special to offer, whether it's watching the birds on the private terrace of our garden room, enjoying the wonderful views and comfy sofa in Burrator, or relaxing in the extra large bath in Hound Tor.
We fully service and clean your room every day of your stay. You will be given your own room key and front door key so you can come and go as you please.
We have a lovely guest lounge with small bar and log-burning stove for the winter/colder evenings. There is a lovely sunny patio off the guest lounge. There is also a Nespresso machine available with complimentary coffee pods (which we recycle via Nespresso).
We offer free off-road parking in our own on-site car park and secure locked cycle storage.
Parking, WiFi, Guest lounge, Garden, Real fire, Pub nearby, Available All Year, Accessible*, Bike storage
Save space for a fabulous home cooked breakfast each morning. Meat comes from the village butcher, eggs and bread are delivered by local villages and jams and marmalade are homemade by Angela.